The Residential Treatment Expansion Consortium (RTEC) provides residential care (group home living) for individuals suffering from drug addictions. The Recovery Homes are located throughout Montana and are owned and operated by six different state approved treatment programs.
The Recovery Homes serve adult men and women who need a structured, safe, and drug-free living environment. All of the Homes promote life-long recovery skills, work skills for gainful employment, and assist residents to transition back to independent living in the community as a recovering individual. The length of stay can be up to nine months.
Boyd Andrew administers the RTEC contract and provides managerial oversight of the consortium.
PO Box 1153
Helena, MT 59624-1153
Phone: (406) 447-3262
Fax: (406) 443-5490
- The Elkhorn Treatment Center operated by Boyd Andrew Community Services is located in Boulder, MT and provides four inpatient treatment beds for women. The length of stay is approximately nine months, as determined by weekly case reviews.
- The Blue Thunder Lodge (download their brochure here) operated by Gateway Community Services in Great Falls, MT provides a cultural-specific recovery based support home for eight Native American men. Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The Kalispell Women’s Recovery Home operated by Flathead Valley Chemical Dependency Center in Kalispell, MT provides a recovery based support home for eight women. For more information, contact:
- The Lighthouse Recovery Home operated by Eastern Montana Community Mental Health Center in Miles City, MT provides a recovery based support home for eight men.
- The Olive Branch Home operated by Alcohol and Drug Services of Gallatin County in Bozeman. Olive Branch Home provides a recovery based support home for eight men. For further information, please contact the facility using the following information:
119 South Church Street
Bozeman, MT 59715
Ron Vargas, Case/House Manager, (406) 539-1364
Glenn Lehrer, Case Manager, at (406) 209-1985
- The White Sky Hope Lodge operated by the White Sky Hope Center located on the Rocky Boy Reservation in Box Elder, MT provides a cultural-specific recovery based support home for eight Native American women.
PO Box 1153
Helena, MT 59624-1153
FAX: (406) 443-5490
How do I know if I qualify financially? Qualification is based upon income as well as family size. Referrals must meet the 200% of poverty financial threshold. Contact Dan Krause at 431-7410 to see if you meet financial requirements of the program.
What if I do not want to commit for nine months? Our goal is to offer long term transitional care. Some homes require a nine month commitment whereas others request that referrals commit to a three month stay. Staff in these cases routinely assess residents for continued need of services.
Is there a curfew? Yes, the time depends on each individual home.
Do people on probation qualify? Yes.
Can I live in one of the homes if I have been through inpatient treatment? Yes, we encourage step down services from inpatient programs, however, referrals do not need to come from inpatient providers.
How much is rent? $12.00 daily.
What would disqualify me from admission? Violent offenders and those with past sexual offenses would not qualify for services. Further, individuals who are not Montana residents, those who are younger than age 18 and those who do not meet financial requirements do not qualify.
Do you accept people with a co-occurring mental health issue? Yes.
Can my children live with me? Unfortunately no, space is limited and these homes are not equipped to manage children.
What information needs to be included in an RTEC application to Elkhorn? Referral packets will include a court order requiring program completion, RTEC application documents, an updated chemical dependency evaluation indicating the need for ASAM III.5 care, a mental health evaluation if appropriate, signed and witnessed releases of information, and a PSI if available. Additional information may be requested if appropriate.
- RTEC Application Page1
- RTEC Application Page2
- RTEC Authorization to Use and Disclose Health Information
- RTEC Financial Information and Intake Form
- RTEC Request for Services
- Dimensional Analysis
- Elkhorn RTEC Release
- RTEC Part A of the Universal Application Packet Cover Sheet
- RTEC Part A of the Universal Application Packet Request for Services
- RTEC Part A of the Universal Application Packet Applicant Information
- Part B of the Universal Biopsychosocial
- Universal Biopsychosocial Use History